Friday, August 28, 2009

FOOD SHOW SWAG


Today I represented RiverStone Resort at the annual Food City Food Show in Knoxville. We handed out water and candy bars with coupons for free pedicures, a nights stay, etc. I also got a few freebies myself, as you can see. It's a well known fact that I don't shy away from anything free (hence the six pound can of green beans in my cupboard). So when things were slow at our booth, I was sent out to scavenge what I could, since I am a pro. With a little smile and wink, my bags were quickly filled with all kinds of stuff from energy drinks to fresh produce. I scored three bottles of shampoo and 14 bags of mini pretzels and that's just the beginning. It was unbelievable. I made fun of the people with their suitcases on wheels, but by the end of the day, I wish I would have had one too. Don't even get me started on all the free food I ate. From fresh cheddar cheese to chicken tenders, it was the biggest buffet I'd ever seen. Although most everything was served on toothpicks, I managed to eat breakfast, lunch AND dinner. And then had a cheesecake sample for dessert. AND I got paid to do it. Some days really are heaven on Earth.


Shelly
My tummy hurts

No comments: