Saturday, February 21, 2009

WHERE'S MY SKATES?



As of late, I only have one day off, which is Saturday. This day is usually spent catching up with laundry and other household chores, but since I had my fill of laundry this week during the Lice Epidemic (I can't even bring myself to blog about it), I decided that the Three Amigos were going to do something fun. We chose Rollerskating.



I knew Trinity would love it and Madison is up for anything, so off we went to Pigeon Forge, the tourist capital of the world. As soon as we walked in, I couldn't help but smile. I loved roller skating as a kid, and I couldn't wait to teach the girls. Trinity caught on quick, like I knew she would. She soon found a little friend to show her the ropes and off she went. Madison was a little more hesitant. She had to get used to the people wizzing by her, but by the end she didn't even want me to hold her hand.
I literally had the time of my life. It's like riding a bike...you just never forget. I was soon speeding past the newbies, spinning in circles, and skating backwards. To top it off, the DJ played Bon Jovi songs and the soundtrack from Grease.

Pure heaven.



We left tired and a little sore, but extremely happy. I will definitely be back with the girls, and without. I almost wish they had a Roller-Derby league. I would love to get my frustrations out by racing around, elbowing people, and knocking them down. I realized today that I don't need therapy. I just need to be going fast and kicking ass as I do it.
Because I'm smart, and this is not my first rodeo, I was able to drop off two hungry, tired children off with their daddy. I did not have to cook dinner or give baths. I was able to go home, crack open a cold beer, nurse my sore muscles, and write on my blog.

Pure heaven.

Shelly

No comments: