Tuesday, March 17, 2009

WINTER OLYMPICS, HERE WE COME!

I have recently decided that Saturdays are going to be spent doing something fun and new. We're so busy during the week, with school, work, and daily life, that "play-time" was getting pushed to the back-burner. And since the girls are at an age where they can actually DO stuff, AND want to hang out with their mom, I'm going to take advantage of it and have some fun!



This past Saturday, Larry treated us to Ober-Gatlinburg, a ski resort on top of a mountain. Although we couldn't go tubing (it was raining), me and Trinity did get to go ice-skating (Madison opted to stick to dry land).
Both of us were a little scared at first, but we soon got the hang of it. Trinity once again impressed me with how fast she picked it up. Not only did she let go of the rail after a few turns around the rink, she then started passing other people and was able to keep up with me. She only fell once and it was nothing compared to the other klutz's bouncing off the ice. I was very proud of her despite the small tantrum she had when it was time to go. I had to literally drag her off the ice, with many promises to bring her back.



Despite the dreary weather, everyone had a good time. It was really nice to spend some time with Larry (especially Madison, who is very attached to her "Broder", translation: brother). I think he enjoyed being able to show off a little, and we enjoyed letting him. Hopefully there will be more days like this in our future.


Shelly
Next week: bowling

No comments: