Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE FIRST DAY


Today was Trinity's first day of "Big Girl School" (Kindergarten). She has happily been looking forward to this day all summer long. I, on the other hand, not so much. I thought that the orientation would ease my mind, but again, not so much. In my anxiety filled mind all I saw were huge class rooms, gigantic school buses, and a never-ending cafeteria. What if she got lost going to the bathroom? What if she got on the wrong bus? What if her teacher was a big fat meanie??? AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
My fears (of course) were for nothing. As soon as we entered the building, Miss O'Dell (her teacher) took her hand and kindly led her away (without a backwards glance from Trinity, I may add). And although I did tear up walking back to my car, there were no sobbing convulsions. I had no choice but to let her go, and that I did. Here's to you Trinity, my big girl. Go on and make your mommy proud like I know you will. I love you, baby.



Mommy
I didn't sob, I swear

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Shelly, you may not have cried but I did when I read what you wrote and saw the pictures. Looks like your writing talents may be re-surfacing. Could be a best seller in you waiting to come out!

I especially liked the galleries this week. It's always nice to see Trinity's feet and to see what Madison's imagination comes up with next.

Thank you......Grandma

Becky said...

I cannot believe Trinity is in kindergarten already!!! Good job Mom...you got her off in one piece...I bet that was tough! hang in there! :)

Love and kisses....lil sis