Thursday, August 11, 2011

SOMEBODY NEEDED A NAP

Today I arrived home with just Madison. We were minus one baby (who was with her daddy), and one big sister (who was also with her daddy). We chatted all the way home about what we were going to have for dinner and what we were gonna do afterwards. We arrived home and I went to change out of my work clothes. When I came back to the living room, Madison was sound asleep on the couch. And I let her be.


I was surprised that she fell asleep so quickly, but not bothered in the least. I went about my business expecting her to wake up any moment. I emptied the dishwasher and put a load of laundry in.


I turned some music on and cleaned out some drawers. And Madison slept. And slept.


And I let her. Yes, I could have woken her up at any time. I could have shook her off the couch and made her eat and put jammies on, but I didn't. My big kids don't nap anymore, so when the time comes that their little bodies obviously need some sleep, I let Mother Nature take over. And when Madison finally woke up, she was the most loving, hug giving child any mother could wish for.

Shelly
Ahhh. The power of sleep.

No comments: