Saturday, March 20, 2010

BRISTOL

Today I went to the Bristol Motor Speedway, and I gotta say, it was one of the best days ever. Although me and my posse were there for work related reasons, once we had our vendor booth set up, we had several hours to play.


Since I have the luck of the Irish (not to mention the best connections), we all got tickets to go into the arena and watch the practice races. Now, I don't know the first thing about the racing world, but I do know that I like fast cars. And I love anything new to my world, so to say that I was giddy is an understatement.



The race track is much smaller, and a LOT louder than I expected. It literally sounded like jet engines. Since the drivers were just doing practice runs, there were only about 6 or 7 cars on the track at one time, but even that seemed like a lot with how fast they were going. I can't imagine what it would be like with ALL the cars on the track. In fact we witnessed two minor crashes and a few close calls as it was.



It was all so very cool.


Shelly
New race fan

No comments: