Sunday, November 8, 2009

PURSES

As I've grown older, I have realized the worth of a good purse, or handbag, as some call it (I've heard them called pocketbooks too, which I really don't understand, since I can't read it, and it's certainly not going to fit in my pocket. But whatever. I live in the South). I used to have cute little purses that were just big enough to hold my I.D. and a pack of cigarettes. Then I had kids and was literally lugging around a suitcase size diaper bag. Now that the kids are growing up, I am able to downsize a little bit. My purse must still be big enough to hold a few kid things (fruit snacks and stray Pollys) but now I have the option of at least being stylish about it.


This purse was given to me from Theresa last Christmas. At first I wasn't sure about it. It is quite ORANGE. But it turned out to be the best purse EVER. It's big enough to hold all my stuff, it's the perfect color for fall, AND I represented the Pigeon Forge team colors wherever I went. I have never gotten so many compliments on my handbag, it was almost weird.


This is my winter purse. I have no idea where I got it, but I just love the color. It's a nice deep green, perfect for Christmas time. AND it's big enough to hold extra pairs of mittens.


This is my spring/summer purse, a gift from Theresa for my birthday last year. (I think I'm Theresa's little style project, since she's the most fashionable person in Pigeon Forge). It's a gorgeous pink, which the girls love. AND it came with a matching wallet!

I may be a redneck ghetto single mom, but trust me, I look FABULOUS doing it.


Shelly
Handbag Snob

1 comment:

Mom said...

And, you 'clean up' well too!