Tuesday, June 16, 2009

CHALK DRAWINS'

On this particular evening, we arrived home to no electricity, due to a huge thunderstorm. Trinity had fallen asleep in the car, so I simply carried her in and delicately dumped her on the couch. Madison wandered around in circles, confused, because the lights wouldn't turn on, until I finally ushered her outside. The sun was out (hence the many rainbows we get), and honestly what else were we gonna do? So I settled into a lawn chair with a book, and Madison settled in with her chalk...


This here is the sun, obviously, above the mountains (note the little bears) and a river...


This is a tree, complete with a birds nest. And pretty butterflies...


This is the fairy princess. She is overlooking everything and keeping everyone safe, per Madison.


What a wonderful world I have on my driveway.


Shelly
Can see in the dark

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I so much love the chalk drawings and seeing Madison's imagination! And, the driveway is like one big easel for her to work on. Just let me know when she runs out of chalk and we'll have a case air-lifted to your front door!

Poirier Family said...

Beautiful, just beautiful chalk drawings. I wish I didn't have a dirt driveway. I think I would be out there!!