Thursday, April 9, 2009

GET BACK TO WORK!!!

As a single working mom of two children, I am quite busy. There are alot of things to do to maintain a comfortable household even after one puts in their 40 plus hours at their job. To help with the workload, I have recently hired two wee little servants. I have assigned chores to each of them, and they have been obeying my orders to my delight.



Here is Madison getting napkins out to set the table, which is her job. (The drawer contains a mismatch variety of plates and napkins from past birthday parties). She does an excellent job and even puts straws in their cups.




This is Trinity helping me with a little spring cleaning (her regular schedule includes laundry and dishes). She is always quite enthusiastic to help me out so I enlisted her help with our shoe basket. Because their feet just keep on growing, it was time to go through the footwear and toss (donate) the too-small shoes and make note of what still fit. So her job was to make pairs and separate them into 'Trinity' and 'Madison' piles.

All of this (and more) was/is accomplished with a simple 'please', 'thank you' and a kiss. I might be onto something here.


Shelly
Cracking that whip

No comments: